Monday, August 30, 2010

The Journey Continues

Today marks the (obscure number) month of my journey in editing Bonds of Freedom! So far, half of the novel is edited and only one chapter is revised. I've changed one major aspect about the story. I've finally changed my story from the setting of England to my own world. I did this mainly because I was not comfortable that I had depicted the time frame accurately and so I decided that it would be best for me to set it in my own world to avoid all that mess.

Along this journey, I've found some interesting typos and hilarious moments where I had to stop and think what happened to my poor story. There were no easy answers. All I blame it on is writing late hours and being so sleep deprived that everything made sense. I have also found that I am not completely displeased with my work. My ending needs a major overhaul, but mostly because I rushed it. I also realized that I need to insert more thoughts and characteristics in my story that I left out.

It's quite fascinating to see how everything's weaving together. I've also enjoyed rediscovering my story and comparing it to where I wanted it to go and how it ended up. Oh yes, it has turned quite far from the original path, but that's the magic and mystery of stories. You never know where they're going, you just let them take you along for the ride.

No comments: