Wednesday, September 01, 2010

SuNo!

Wow! So I totally forgot to talk about the summer project I did on CleanPlace! This year, we did another hearty round of SuNo. Our mission was 50K in the month of July. I must say that the journey was not an easy one for me. I had started out really well and wrote up to 23K in the first three days. Then I stopped and realized that I disliked the story immensely and pretty much spent the rest of the month debating whether or not I should continue on with the story.

I realized that it was not the story that I was supposed to be writing and was once again getting in the way of the message. On the day before the last day. I decided that I would once again take up the story just to win the t-shirt. :P Of the course of the month, I had written up to 25K, so I wrote the rest of it in the last two days.

The story that I composed in that month will never be seen by anyone as it is horrid and blown to ridiculous porportions. However, in spite of that, it was fun to write. Especially since I was so sleep deprived that I was pretty much writing whatever came to mind. It made for some rather interesting dialogue between my characters that will remain unmentioned because I dislike blackmail material. :P

Moral of the story: Do NOT attempt to write 25K in the span of two days. Not unless you have a giant chocolate cake to support you through the nights.

No comments: