Sunday, November 02, 2008

6+6=12: My 2009 Project

Yup, it's time to post my upcoming project! Here's the details as I have them:

6+6=12: Yukioh’s 2009 Writing Project

It’s time to unveil my 2009 writing project, or should I say projects? Well, now that I’ve decided to let the cat out of the bag, I’m going to tell you more about what I am planning on doing for the entire year of 2009. Indeed, I’m going to use the whole year. Call it my New Year’s resolution if you will. Come January 1st, I will be embarking on a long journey of writing. My goal? to write 6 novels and edit them in during 2009.I will take one month to write each novel and one month to edit them. Hence I will spend 6 months writing and 6 months editing. The format will look like this:
January- Write
February- Edit
March- Write
April- Edit
May- Write
June- Edit
July- Write
August- Edit
September- Write
October- Edit
November- Write
December- Edit

I have decided that each novel will be a minimum of 50,000 words, to keep in line with NaNoWriMo guidelines. Also, my novel for November will double for my NaNo. I don’t expect any of these stories to need extensive editing (as some of my other ones do *coughs*). This is more of a project to keep me writing throughout most of the year and learning how to catch more of my mistakes as I write. I will also try and explore different genres for these. There are a few genres that I will not include for the sake of I don’t like them. I know that's rude of me.

Some of you may be wondering if I’ll be participating in CP projects, I plan on adding those to my writing load. I know, seems like a lot to take on but I’m looking forward to doing so.I am determined to stick to this project throughout the year as a test. Also, I will be asking for others to help edit as I would like several people to look over these novels. I will not set deadlines for editing these novels and how much feedback you want to give on these is up to you. If you want to be an editor, you do not have to commit to doing all six novels. After NaNo 2008 is over, I am planning on sitting down and coming up with different plots so I won’t be jumping into the New Year without an idea of what I’m going to write. I will be using this thread to inform you of each novel and how the progress is going, as well as my blog. Well, there is my plan thus far. ^^ Feedback? Comments?

1 comment:

Bryce said...

Wow. That is amazing! I love your idea. Personally I wouldn't be able to commit to such a HUGE writting load... that is so cool that you can do that though. And you plan is awesome. Really. :D I would love to read one of those novels once you finish it... :)